HOW TO SMART TRAVELING IN STYLEMonday, January 16, 2017
HOW TO SMART TRAVELING IN STYLE - Last year I had an opportunity to work with Men's Health Indonesia and Women's Health Indonesia to share my experience in travel. I only took a chance to spoke twice (in front of the people) last year because only those two that support me for what I am doing. So here I want to share you, how to smart travel with style, although it may be limited in certain ways of travel, maybe you can relate to it someday because most of the people take the photos of themselves. So it better be, it was not only about the beautiful destination but also the way you are traveling itself.
- TRAVELING STYLE & DURATION
What kind of traveling style you are signed up for? Backpacker, flashpacker, business, leisure, family, solo, romantic or luxury and how long the duration of the travel. Whatever it is, you still can pull off the kind of smart and in the same time full of style. Don't get me wrong, I am not only talking about the fashion side only but more that that. It can be how you take the photograph and capture the moment, or it can be a local experience that can be shared as your ultimate travel story.
- DESTINATIONWhether is a big city, cultural, nature you can always have a smart and stylish way of travel. By style means that you can take one item that represents the places you are visiting, for example, simple Yukata when you travel to Japan or buy local fabric when you travel to Sumba island. Museum or coffee shop visit or join the local for hunting and then cooking your own meal. Sounds very in style right?
- MEN VS WOMENUnfortunately, whatever are you, it has nothing to do with the gender. The style is all yours to decide. But make sure to responsible with your travel. When you travel with a bunch pieces of luggage, be prepare for excess baggage etc. When you travel light, also make sure you got everything you need. That's what makes the next list is pretty important!
- SMART TRAVELIf your travel plan consists so many places to visit, of course, there is itinerary if you want to get lost to make your travel more memorable, be ready with all documents that you need or travel apps in case you need someone else to help you with the directions etc. Debit card for taking money at ATM (it probably more efficient for most of the time).
- PACKING LISTList the items to pack to avoid extra budget, or if you do a road trip and want to travel light, also list the item you going to buy why traveling. For leisure travel, you can try your outfits possibility and consider to mix & match. For shopping traveler, get extra luggage from home and extra credit card.
- TRAVEL ESSENTIALSTake your very essentials items like personal medication, electronic stuff in your handbag/cabin bag to avoid the possibility of losing you luggage. If you take a lot of pictures do not forget to bring an extra memory card and extra battery.
- TRAVEL OUTFIT INSPIRATIONSYou can browse them on Pinterest for a bunch of travel outfit inspirations to make your look stand out, even if you have a little time to make your own mood board, but ya we will never know. More surprise the better! And you can by stuff that curated by Deluxshionist here
- TRAVEL PHOTOSince I have worked for the lifestyle magazine, it kinda influenced me (just a little bit) on how I love my photo taken. You can have a lot of inspirations through Instagram, via your favorite style blogger etc. It sometimes hard, because most of the time your travel mates was not a photographer, so in this case, you should be in charge on how good you were in the picture by understanding your own pose, the composition of the surrounding, or a candid shot (which is I prefer the most, because it gives you a sense of natural and less setting result, although it takes so many time to shoot lol)