SIX BENEFITS OF WORKING ABROAD - When you choose to go abroad to study or head to work, you are making a huge decision that will change your life. You don’t have to be a genius to figure out that working in an entirely different culture in a new country is going to be a big deal. With new languages, new food, smells, and surroundings, changing your base to work abroad is going to bring you so many more opportunities than you could have imagined.
So, whether you take an internship in Europe, you write a blog in the most comfortable co-working space Bali Bustle has to offer, or you do a year backpacking around Australia, working or studying abroad is going to make a difference to your future. Let’s take a look at six benefits of making a living overseas.
- The Friendships. Being abroad,
you’ll meet people from all areas around the world, and you will end up forming friendships that could last a lifetime. When you have an international network, you’ll always have people to help you when you’re looking for work. Not only that, you’ll have friends to stay with when you travel from place to place.
- The Confidence. When you travel around the world, you become a far more confident individual. Knowing that you have the guts to move from place to place without anyone else helping you to do it is a big deal!
- The Experience. When you put
working abroad on your resume, you impress employers no matter where you are around the world. You get the chance to practice another language,
live in a new place and get to know a new culture.
- The Culture. It’s not the same as going abroad and enjoying the Tapas and beer by the ocean. You are going to enjoy a new culture in an entirely new way. Learning about new cultures will help you to broaden your horizons and give you a better appreciation for other places around the world.
- The Education. The chance to
learn is immense when you work or study abroad. You get a chance to learn a new language and being in the country itself, you are pushed to learn it faster!
- The Discovery. You’ll learn some the history that you never had a chance to learn before, and you’ll gain an experience of a lifetime while you do it. You’ll discover so many areas that are off the beaten track and you'll get a chance to learn stories from the locals, too.
These six benefits of working abroad are just the tip of the iceberg. Being able to set up space for yourself to work in while you’re out there in the world is just one of the many benefits of learning about the world while you explore it. There is so much that you can do when you choose to study or work abroad and the world really is your oyster when you do it. This is one experience you’re never going to forget.