- FRIED RICE (NASI GORENG)Make sure you try this because Indonesian nasi goreng is none like the other fried rice, we use sweet soy sauce and sometimes shrimp paste, but every region has its own specialty. You know that rice is our national food just like any other Asian countries, below that half sunny side up egg is a tasty brownie Indonesian fried rice, you should order once you are in Indonesia.
- FRIED NOODLE (MIE GORENG)Mie actually came from China, but we know that China has so many histories in so many countries including Indonesia. The substitutes of rice, the carbs friend definitely not a gluten-free, sometimes the spices are the same as the Nasi Goreng one. Enjoy the dish with fried egg and cracker or Kerupuk
- SEASONAL TROPICAL FRUITS PLATTERWe have a lot of fruits that can probably enjoy all year, although they are seasonal. In this image are Melon, Watermelon, Papaya, & Pineapple, but the other fruits that probably very unique to you are Salak, Rambutan, Manggis (Mangosteen), Mango, Buah Naga (Dragon Fruits), Passion Fruit and Durian, although Durian is NOT for breakfast, I don't even sure you will like it ;)
- EVERYTHINGS MEATS :P (+ VEGETABLES)Okay, this is not actually an Indonesian, but meat in Indonesia taste way better, I mean with the spices and the sauce. Let's say that this version is a taste of Indonesia, we have Satay and Rendang though.
- CHICKEN PORRIDGE (BUBUR AYAM)I don't have a single image of chicken porridge, but on the right side is chicken porridge. Again, I believe it is from China, but we ate this all the time, especially breakfast or when we are not able to eat anything. I know the texture probably weird from some of you, that's why I always see the Porridge stall on the hotel sometimes least favorite for the guest to take or order.
It's overcooked watery rice, but still, taste amazing with some chicken or beef broth, sweet soy sauce, soybean or peanut, with some herbs, eggs, chicken meat, Sambal, and Kerupuk. Definitely not a plain chicken porridge.